1. No Messy Hands---When I am preparing food, which could make my hands messy - such as making pastry or meatballs and other such things - I keep a plastic bag handy and slip it on my hand if I have to answer the phone in a hurry, or open a cupboard to get something etc.
2. No More Cucumber Heartburn---After shredding cucumber for a salad, sprinkle it with some salt and let sit for a little while. Drain the excess water before using the cucumber. This will eliminate any after taste or heartburn some people experience after eating cucumber.
3. No Stain Tupperware--Spray non-stick cooking spray before pouring in tomato-based sauces and there won't be any stains
4. No-Baste Roasting---If you don't want to bother basting your roasting chicken, just layer strips of side bacon on top. The taste is divine and voila! no basting needed.
5. Onions---There are two easy ways to eliminate if not lesson the effect of onions on your eyes or the smell they leave on your hands:
1-always peel under cold water and 2-freeze the onion about 1/2 hour before you want to use it. These two tips work better then nothing and usually work all the time (except for that one onion in the bunch that no matter what you do, it's just going to torment you! LOL!)
6. Out Of Flour To Dust Pans For Cake?---When out of flour to dust cake pans when baking cake or other things grease pans as usual and dust with a little of the cake mix.