Monday, August 11, 2008

Make It Yourself Monday

Paper Organizer For The Kitchen

This is a very easy project that and very cheap for all the frugalites out there. Rhonda from Home With A Smile gives you the dirt on how to put this together. I think this is such a cute and practical project. It could also be dressed up to be more fancy.

I do this with different little boxes and such that I use in my office. I am always on the look out for pink girly things to decorate with and it is hard to find things and if you do most times they are hot pink. So I had found some different box styles that I liked and would work for what I needed and I just decoupaged pretty fabrics on them to match my other things. It looks nice and no one ever knows that they are not store bought. I am ask all the time where did I find my cute office organizers. Once I am back in normal routines at work I will try to post some pics to give you some ideas for your offices.

I belong to a few discussion - friendship groups on Yahoogroups.com. On one of the lists geared toward homemaking, we talked about recycling trash into useful home items. I told them about this organizer I made years ago and Tracey want to see pictures. It is a very low-cost craft. Start with a large flat style Priority Mail carton. Cut it diagonally through the middle and seal the ends. Glue the 2 box pieces together and that will be the base.
Side view
Cover the outside (I used fabric)
Cover the inside (I used scrap book paper)
Put 4 feet on the bottom (I used wood door handles)
Now, you are ready to organize your papers!






post signature

7 comments:

Rhonda in OK said...

Thanks for featuring me, Tammy!

Sandra Carvalho said...

oh!That's way cool!
Maybe I'll try to do one too!
xoxo

Virginia said...

First time visiting your blog. What a great idea, I may try it myself. Love the name of your Blog too. Many Blessings, Virgina

50s Housewife said...

How cute! What a great idea!

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Wow, that is great!

MamaFlo said...

I really like this. I sure wish I had creative talent.:(

One Christian Mom said...

That is a great idea! I would have never thought of it myself, but I will have to give it a try. Except for the feet, I think I have enough stuff laying around to give it a go. :-)