In the last part of the series Discovering The Hidden Time Wasters in your Day I have a few more ideas to help you manage your day better.
- Plan your outfit the night before and lay everything out. If you are like most this is time consuming trying to decide what to wear, by doing it the night before you will ensure you are picking out exactly what you want and not grabbing something and throwing it on because you are running late. This will give you a more relaxed feeling in the morning knowing you already have the perfect outfit ready to slip on and go.
- Don't switch handbags. A roomy clutch goes with almost anything and can be slipped into a larger tote for change.
- Hang clothes by category.
- Chose fabrics that keep their shape and don't require last-minute pressing.
Set aside whatever time you need to relax, unwind and to do the things that are important to you. Here are are some get-away-from-it-all suggestions:
- Hire a sitter once a week so you and your spouse can have a regular evening out. I hire a sitter for a few hours each week so I can get things done that I need to do and not have interruptions constantly. Whether it be errands or things around the house. Not only do I get more accomplished but I am more relaxed and revived for the kids when they return. Especially if you are a SAHM or a WAHM and with your kids day in and day out, it doesn't mean you cannot have a few hours to focus on yourself each week. Just try it, believe me you will look forward to it.
- Schedule an adult education class for one evening a week.
- Get a group of friends together and plan something you never get time to do.
- Check out low cost exercise or other fitness programs and sign up for one.
- Set aside an hour each evening called "Private Time". The kids can use this time to do their homework, watch TV or play quietly, but make it clear that No One is to disturb you unless it's an emergency.