Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Since When Did Preschool Seem More Like Kindergarden?


My oldest just started preschool on Monday. It looked more like a Kindergarden class to me. I thought preschool was more about social interacting and getting used to going to school, but clearly it is much more. I could not believe what they were learning. They have learned almost all the presidents, they know all the months and days. I know it has been a while since I was in school but I thought you did not start learning president till first grade.

Is this to much to young? I want him to excel but I want him to enjoy being a kid too. I thought he was doing well because he knew the basics. I feel like I need to work with him all summer to make sure he is ready for Kindergarden.

Oh the pressure! But I have to say he absolutely loves it.

So do you think they are pushing to much to young? Or do I need to just get with the program? Let me know what you think!


post signature


No comments: